Saturday, May 10, 2008

Chapter 2 - Politics

Chapter 2

Politics

Everyone is just a politician trying to sell themselves aren’t they. As I walk by I notice relations being built, people interconnecting just so that they can feel important as they wave to people they barely know across campus. I truly feel its better to have a small group of people to call your friends, or maybe two of these groups for instance at max. But to kinda know loads of people and call them your friends just because; no, that is playing politics. Definition: A friend is someone you know, hang out with and enjoy their company. It is something that you share with someone; there is no one sided friendship. An acquaintance, however, is someone who you sorta know and see possibly on a regular basis. I feel like I have a lot of acquaintances, but there is no need for a person to know everyone’s grandma’s middle name and their favorite TV show, etc. just so they can fool themselves into thinking that they have a so-called “friendship”. Seriously at a campus like this people just don’t care. Its sick how someone can manipulate a social context just to satisfy his own needs. Then again am I just jealous because I am not good at doing it myself? Haha, it’s funny how I try to keep myelf in check even though I’m writing whatever comes to mind. You’ll notice I will do that a lot as you read on. Yeah by the way I just broke the fourth wall. Don’t know what that means? Google it. But that is another chapter. Anyhow, I just feel that social life is there for a reason, relief! What if life was all work and no fun? What if there wasn’t that best friend to bitch to about why your life sucks (which I didn’t have for a period of time) or that friend who you want to share your innermost secrets just because you can? Which I don’t do b/c I don’t trust anyone. Period. Some people get some levels of trust but nothing past a certain point. I always give’em something to chew on so they think Im shallow and only have little things. Little do they know where I’ve been and what I’ve seen. No one I bet in any of my classes has been through all the different types of contexts that I have. Then again I have been one to underestimate people. Politics. Yeah I think most of the processes are debunked. How people function is quite intriguing. What motivates people to do the things they do? Why are they doing all the things that they do? I mean I am motivated to do things at the core because I believe that I need to contribute to society as a part of my duty in this world, but what about others? What goes through a persons mind when they are robbing a bank or doing something like that? Or better yet when they double cross a friend. By the way don think I’m putting subliminal messages into this because I am not, my life nowadays is too boring to have these interesting predicaments. Maybe that is it. People are bored so they get a kick out of doing people bad. Then again people may think that writing streams of consciousness are a waste of time. Sigh, I really don’t know what to say. I am always busy and have things to do and I’m sure anyone else will say the same. I’m not sure why I picked politics, I have nothing to say about it, as I feel it is not about what is right or wrong, it is always about who knows how to abuse the system. It is also about who has the right connections. “Wasta” is what it is called in Arabic, connections in a certain context I mean. It is a terrible plague that dreads our societies. However if you think about it, how will people know about you if you don’t either go out there and sell yourself or know the right people already? It is a chicken/ egg complex that really sucks. A lot of things suck don’t they? They say do something about it. Really? You think it is going to make a difference. Look at these people, why should I bother with them. I should target the freshman. Yes that is the way, get already apathetic people to not be apathetic when they see all these apathetic people around them. You have truly outdone yourself on that thought. Have you ever put a lot of effort into something and then someone comes along and gets the same end result with zero effort or does even better? O.K you see that feeling, that is what it is like when someone ignores a line to a theme park ride and goes up to the front and rides on the ride now instead of waiting for 2 hours. That special treatment is no good. It is addictive if you are lucky enough to get a hold of in some context or another. However the loss of it can be dramatic and even lead to depression if it follows you wherever you go. It gives people a feeling of control, which is by far one of the most addictive things ever. That is what is like to be a politician and kinda know people to see if you can get an upper edge in something through someone you don’t even care about, but they are excited cause you remembered their name or something. There are areas where no mater who you know, you will be treated the same as everyone else. Too bad those place are ceasing to exist everyday. Politics.

No comments: